Thursday, February 19, 2015

Home Essentials

There's a shop called Blue Mercury that I love to get my makeup and a few skincare products from.

They carry the Diptyque brand and although I'm a big (actually--huge) fan of luxury, I typically lean toward long laying products to invest $$ in.  So.. I love the Diptyque scents.. actually,  scents and really amazing skincare products are my exception to the 'long-life luxury' rule.

So I'm in Blue Mercury to pick up some Dermologica face wipes for my gym bag and I wander over to the scents and candles and just creep on the packaging.  I'm not smelling anything yet.  Just lingering and admiring the boxes and bottles and labels and font.  I like when brands get super simple with their presentation.  I tilt the boxes to get and understanding of the price point and continue scanning the shelves.  Calculating the ingredients (soy vs wax, etc) compared to the price, and I'm liking what I'm seeing.  So now I have three big candles in my hand ready for checkout and suddenly the thought strikes me that I may not actually like the way these things burn!  What if it's too strong, too weak, the wick gets all weird?? (These are important questions when you are about to spend almost $100 on candles .. or are at least considering it.)  I notice that Nest and Tocca have these travel sizes of their signature scents. The point of this whole post!

Same great shaped glass containers and everything.  (I opened the box to make sure that they weren't tin cans.)  What a treat to be able to test these amazing scents for a few weeks before diving in for the whole thing.

I walked away with Grapefruit and Moroccan Amber and am loving them SO much at home.  I decided to put Grapefruit in the bathroom to burn in the morning while I get ready for work and M.A. on my bedside table to build up the calm before bed at night.  These babies are so amazing that even without burning them, they add such a great aroma to the sky--of the room they're in.  (Haha.. the sky)

I'm so happy that I was able to have my cake and eat it too!  These will probably last just over or under the month and I'll be back to get the big versions when that time comes. :)

THANKS Blue Mercury!   Nice candles, NEST!

Enjoying them and the service.

Til next time

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment