Sunday, January 18, 2015

Home Brunch

So I got home after a workout at The Dailey Method - Chicago and a trip to Whole Foods and not until 2PM did I realize that I hadn't actually eaten breakfast.

My trip to Whole Foods turned out to be a huge success!  I decided to make up a soup and bought everything fresh using only a concept and my cravings.

First I picked up zucchini and that's when I was struck with the idea of making a soup.  And then I had carrots. And next thing you know I'm grabbing some stewed tomatoes. It was crazy.  (And the dish turned out REALLY good as well.)

In the meantime I got all "bloggy"and wanted to try mashed avocado on toast.  So I whipped up the mash and think that fried eggs + Sriracha on top had to be a winner.  It wasn't.  It was GROSS!

But I ate it anyway and am going to share my picture of it as well.

The dish was just much too mushy.  I'm not a picky eater, but I do have a thing about texture and this didn't have it for me. And the fried egg was a bit undercooked.  But at least I tried it! :)

In other news, the soup turned out GREAT!  I decided to make a little recipe book.  I'll share a pic or two of the turn out, too

Goodnight!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment