Thursday, November 13, 2014

Life

Just some snaps shared on my instagram page.

This morning I made myself a fancy lil breakfast.  This is my second big experiment in the kitchen this week.  The other day my boyfriend and I made a Caribbean dinner.  He made jerk chicken and sweet fried plantains, I made Jamaican cabbage and haitian rice and beans.  This morning I decided to satisfy a craving for quiche!

The ingredients (minus half & half and eggs) were about 15 dollars.   Got the recipe from Pillsbury and used a pre-made pie crust. (GOAL: Learn to make pie crust homemade for quiche and my famous apple pie!)

--

The morning before our caribbean dinner, the boo and I stopped by the Garfield Park Conservatory.

It's free and was a lot of fun. A lot of the space is under construction so I bet it will be really cool by the summer next year! 

I'm going to make sure to visit regularly so that the space is supported.

I love that every part of Chicago has so much to offer.

--

One of the cute dining spots in Lincoln Park is called Blue Door Farm Stand.  It's a restaurant that features seasonal dishes that gets most of its grub from Indiana to plate and serve here in Chicago. 

The other day I went in to order lunch and noticed that they now have a "Build Your Own Four Pack" offer.  So for the Bears game that night I popped in and had the guys build a pack for me. In it there was Two Brothers, an Off Color Brewing, a Lazy Magnolia (Southern Pecan--my second favorite) and the pictured Hopothesis (Oatmeal Amber Ale).  This stuff was so good! Kinda fruity (to me) + totally delicious!   And by kinda fruity I don't mean that in a Seagrams/Mike's Hard kind of way.


This company is Chicago based!   See!  This city is just so dope.

--

Last but not least!

On last Friday I got to participate in the lululemon athletica Chicago region's Metta Movement event called #100miles100smiles event with lululemon athletica Ambassador, David Coligado, and Smile Train.

Dave C took on the challenge of running 100 Miles in 24 hrs to raise $25,000 to provide cleft pallette surgeries to 100 kids through the Smile Train organization. 

The store where I worked had about 10 people come in and run on our treadmill (donated by Equinox) in Lincoln Park while Dave ran on a treadmill at the Rush & Walton location in downtown Chicago. 

The coolest part is that he finished in just under 21 hours!  WOW!!!!!  We kept the Rush & Walton store open for 24 hrs and offered comedy, fitness classes, libations, and nibbles all throughout to keep him encouraged. 

Dave is such a great guy and it's so beautiful that he took the time it takes to take a stand for hundreds of people who can't do it for themselves. 

It's almost a week later and everyone is still buzzing about the accomplishment. Unreal. Thanks for showing so much love, David!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment