Thursday, August 8, 2013

Trying to create a life where my actions match my word.. + my fitness inspirations [PICS]



So..

I don't think I've been to the gym in MONTHS.  I run, workout at home (rarely), and take fitness classes; but I haven't plugged in my earbuds and pumped iron in a very long time.

Yesterday I was getting SUPER stressed over something kind of stupid and it occurred to me that the super emotional side of me over the past few months probably is a result of my diet getting more dirty and my lifting getting more scarce!  Don't get me wrong.. I would always try to take classes that involved a lot of strength versus cardio, but it just isn't the same.

Because I'm on this mission to create possibility and greatness and this big, lovely, life for myself I realized that being a woman of my word (to myself and others) might just be the pivot point on the rest of my success.  Perhaps it's only a big part & not the center, but it's still major.  Keeping your word.. Living out your fantasies.. They're only an utterance and action away!  If I dream of running 5 miles in the morning (which I do) then I should just get up and go run them.  I shouldn't talk myself down to being more reasonable because of my schedule for the day, community, weather, etc.  I should simply do it.  Maybe I won't do it first thing in the morning every time, but I'll put it on my list of things to do and make the time for that greatness to appear in my life.  That connection between my behavior and my higher self where "proud" happens.  Those are my favorite moments.

In order for me to be this "woman of my word", I went ahead and reactivated my gym membership yesterday!  :  )  I'm so excited to get back in the best shape of my life.  Lifting heavy and often is my favorite way to break a sweat.  Alone.  My music.  My level.  My goals.  My time.  My drive.

I also think that this change will get my eating back on target as well.  There was a point where I ate like a bodybuilder.  Clean eating (ENOUGH CALORIES FOR MY LIFESTYLE.. NO STARVING MYSELF), lots of water, simple recipes, real food.. all the time.  It got kind of scary though.  I was nowhere near having an eating disorder, but the amount of focus I had on my diet even starting to judge others for theirs.. it was ugly and it had to stop.  I definitely think that I took it too far when I backed off, but now that I know the two extremes then I am looking forward to finding my happy medium for my nutrition practices.  Basically truly adopting the Michael Pollan's mantra:  Eat food.  Not too much.  Mostly plants.

I am going to ease back into the gym, w/ split days, three days a week.  I used to do almost six days, but I gotta take baby steps.  I'll do, lower/upper/core OR lower/upper/full spread between Thursday, Friday, and Saturdays, when I can help it.  (I'll be in the gym three days a week, though.)  At least one yoga class per week.  One fitness class per week (probably cycling for a while.  I'm really bad at it and want to improve).  Maybe a tabata session in my home or at the gym or studio.  Not sure.  But it comes down to gym time @ 3 days per week, yoga once a week, a fun fitness class once a week, and I'll run often.  I know I want to get up to about 5 miles on average, but I just don't know how often I want to do it, yet.  I'm gonna give myself room to find my running sweet spot through the fall.

My vision for my ideal workout week starting in Winter '13 is (in no particular order)...
Day 1  3-5 Mile Morning Run + Bi's, Tri's, Chest
Day 2  3-5 Mile Morning Run + Back, Core
Day 3  3-5 Mile Morning Run + Glutes, Quads, Hammies (aka LEG DAY!! lol)
Day 4  3-5 Mile Morning Run + Yoga
Day 5  3-5 Mile Morning Run or Rest + Class
Day 6  3-5 Mile Morning Run + Cardio Day or Rest
Day 7  Rest Day or Active Rest Day :)

I am SOOOOOOOO excited to get back to ME!  I lost 30 lbs by being me and I'll get stronger by being me.  Drooling at the thought of amazing shoulder, ab, and glute definition.  Excited by the potential sounds of clinks and weights dropping to the floor.  Sweat.  Life.  Love.  PASSION.  Get ready America *super hero finger point*cape flapping in the wind* it's ON.  :  )  YAY!!

LATER!!  OMW to the gym.

LOTS OF LOVE!

Melissa B.

AND..

Each of these ladies below inspire me to run, lift, eat, and live like it matters.  I'm not a favorites kind of person nor am I fanatic about anyone, but once my fitness journey began, I looked/look to these ladies for tips and tricks of the trade.  Amazing strength right here:


Chady Dunmore/FitMiss
Chady Dunmore/FitMiss



Manko/Mankofit
Manko/Mankofit



Samantha Jo Alonso/Mission: I'm Possible
Samantha Jo Alonso/Mission: I'm Possible


Robin Arzon/Bridge Runners NYC
Robin Arzon/Bridge Runners NYC





Amber Elizabeth/CLUTCH
Amber Elizabeth/CLUTCH



Lyzabeth Lopez/Hourglass Workout
Lyzabeth Lopez/Hourglass Workout

Ashley Conrad/CLUTCH
Ashley Conrad/CLUTCH






Karena Dawn/Tone It Up







Karena Dawn/Tone It Up

1 comment:

  1. Do you teach classes through the week too? My biggest challenge is juggling the classes I teach with "my" workouts....

    ReplyDelete