Monday, December 28, 2015

2016

Wow. January 1st of 2016 is in four days!  I'm so excited and sad to say goodbye to 2015.  It was a good year. 

I traveled to Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, B.C., and Trinidad & Tobago.

I made some very BIG and important  decisions about my personal life.

And I kind of started a company.

So going in to 2016 I've set myself up for a successful year by determining to keep things simple.  I have six, simple, goals that mean a lot to me.

Here they are:

PERSONAL
❤ I spend 2016 discovering my ancestry and visiting my country of origin by NOV 2016 (And I visit Los Angeles for my birthday in April.)
❤ I move to New Orleans, LA by DEC 2016

CAREER:
❤ I own & operate a small business by MAR 2016
❤ I have a Pilates certification by AUG 2016

HEALTH:
❤ I complete a century ride or half-marathon by SEPT 2016
❤ I read 12 books by JAN 2017

These goals mean that I'm up to something in life.  They show that I am trusting God and the talent he's given me.  It means that I have something big to look to when things get dark.

For me, keeping things simple means living in "the zone".  I do it with my wardrobe, so I decided, why not with my life?  These simple goals help decision making a cinch.  It's like, touch your savings for a scoop of expensive artisan ice cream?  Or move to New Orleans? #DUH.  And that really happens.  I have an allowance every week.. If I want even a scoop of ice cream, and I've spent all my " fun money" on concert tickets, I will grab $10 for a damn beer.  It's so wack!  lol

So with these six tasks in mind, the next step is making a map and getting in to action.  I'll talk about that over the next few weeks here on the blog.

I am looking forward to learning everyone's goals!  Share them in the comments.

Happy new year, folks!

Melissa T.

Follow me at MelissaBillions on every outlet that you think that I can think of. I there anything that you want to see on the blog that you didn't in 2015?  What do you want me to continue in to 2016?  Let me know!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment