Thursday, September 25, 2014

Title Boxing Club Chicago -- Lincoln Park

I've always wanted to be a boxer.  Pretty badly.

So I went to Title Boxing Club Chicago in Lincoln Park and got busy getting after my dreams. (Haha.)  Our Coach,  Emanuel, was amazing.  He got us super pumped up and excited for the workout and helped the first timers shake the jitters out.

I was too busy dying to really get the format, but from what I can recall, it was:  a 15 min warm-up; eight, five minute "rounds" with active recovery in between; and 5-1,000 minutes of core work to seal the deal before your deep stretch.  In summation it was AWESOME.  I went with a few friends and we were all totally beat at the end.

I actually felt so relieved of stress and anxiety.  I went in thinking that I would take out frustration and aggression on the bags but Emanuel's coaching had my mind focused on getting the combinations right and giving my all when the Burpees, sprints, or frog jumps were assigned to the team.  So at the end I said to my friend: "I feel like I just did yoga!"  I was relaxed and just felt so clear.  Yesterday, I felt invincible walking out of the doors and today I feel sore (and ready for more).  Haha!

I happily want to share that as soon as the warm-up began, I looked to my friend and said: "I feel like I'm going to hard out the gate..I just know I am." lol  And I definitely did.  What's funny is that I now want to practice enough that I can just go hard from the beginning to the end.

Thanks to Title Boxing Club Chicago - Lincoln Park and especially Jacob for gifting my crew free wraps for the workout.  I chose rainbow and dark blue and I felt so bad ass wrapping them up and tossing them into my rucksack at the end of class. :)

I'm so happy to have this place around esp going into wintertime.  I am so excited to get super sweaty this would terms and I'll definitely be getting my sweat on with TBC Chicago!

Yours in sweat,

Melissa

TITLE Boxing Club Chicago Lincoln Park
2417 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 312-4726

No comments:

Post a Comment