Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Shifting

I talked with my co-worker about her "energy".  I consider myself an extremely positive person, but I never claim to always be peppy.  Even when I'm my most stressed and attitudinal, pretty much all positive thoughts are going through my head, I just am typically choosing not to squeal or smile because I just don't want to.

But I have this coworker who is ALWAYS on 10.  And not in the irritating way.  She just is legitimately always living in choice, always staying above the line, and even when she's not at 100 (I'm good at seeing that stuff) her temperance makes you feel like she's approachable and in a good mood.

So I asked her how she pulls it off most of the time and she said that she quit giving her time away in the mornings.  Usually we all jump on Facebook, check work emails, or even talk with our loved ones, but she says that that typically begins to leave an impression on our mood even when we don't mean for it to.  She mentioned that she just journals or writes visions for the day and finds them later in the day or month because she sorta hides them away to be discovered again after the thought may or may not have left her mind.

She also talked about shifting her thoughts.  Going easy on herself when she makes a mistake or a road block pops up unexpectedly.  Not taking error personal.  Not taking herself too seriously.  That part really got me.  I am really good at laughing at myself, but there are moments...very serious moments...where all things are important and crucial and nothing but the best is acceptable.  And I realized that sometimes I laugh at myself and sometimes I am laughing AT myself.

Regardless.  This post is a product of that convo.  I had a 6:15AM class this morning and I stayed committed to not using social media before 6 o'clock and when I got a little restless, I started typing.  Getting thoughts out and I'm happy that these words fell to the keys because it shows how having this shift is such a huge thing to me even when I'm playing it cool.

Another cool theory is by my girl Katarina Arneric, she talks about "small change, big shift".  How looking at a situation just one degree farther to the left or right can completely change up the experience and the good in it can be found and used to fuel you through the day or to the next moment.

:)

hooray for having friends who are so dedicated to peace within themselves and the world.  it sure does come in handy!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment