Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Road Trip!

I go to visit Ames, IA to tailgate for the IOWA STATE .V. IOWA football game.  It was my first time ever tailgating.

I wore white (ha!), packed hand sanitizer, and carried my lululemon athletica Festival Bag.  I'm proud of myself for not going overboard and also laugh at my "party age" just baring itself to everyone.  I had cold beer and a big serving of Crown Royal.  That was the perfect amount for me as I watched the college kids RAGE.

I have been really blessed to travel a ton this year.  Lots in the States, hit up Canada, and am headed on a secret adventure with my boyfriend in a few weeks.  (He knows the details, I'm just showing up.. How fun!?!). I love flying, packing, moisturizing my face, downloading books..  It's a true thrill to me.  Nothing beats a good drive, though.  Your clothes are comfier, the snacks overflow, and you get to talk about, and see, so many different things.

Here are my road trip tips:

•Don't worry about over packing, but still stick with essentials.  Everything is in the car with you, go ahead and take your flat iron.


•Magazines are essential for the passenger, they can read stories, recipes, and just look at pics to give the convo a rest.


•Take it easy, it's likely that you're traveling with a friend, family member, or lover.. There's no reason to stress and save the travel day for travel. You can use the car time to make plans in the car.  Avoid time committed plans upon your arrival.

•download albums on Spotify and make them available offline.  Signals come and go, a downloaded album will play on forever.

•download a comedy album. Go with someone you know, just in case.

•snack consciously.. Nothing worse than having to poop and there's no rest stop in sight!

•Teamwork.  Deer, tired drivers, weather.. Lots can happen on the road, keep the peace, be willing to trade seats, look out for your partner and only rest when your partner is truly awake.

Otherwise:  BON VOYAGE!  Take pics, see the sights, let some fresh air in from time-to-time, and just marvel at the beautiful landscapes of your great land.

*so my white shirt and the tailgating went well until someone handed me a Scotheroo.  The melty chocolate got caught in the wind, landed right below the cross body strap of my bag, and just SPREAD.  It was pure comedy.  I don't regret it though.  My boyfriend is a Cyclone but my neutrality (white shirt) helped me blend in nicely at each stopping point.  :)

Ciao!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment