Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Chicago CryoSpa

I did cryotherapy!  I've done it before and definitely want the world to know that it is awesome and the pay-off, however, is worth it. 

I'm going to copy + paste the description of cryotherapy straight from the horses mouth:

"In the Whole Body Cryochamber (WBC), we shock the outer layer of your skin with extreme cold temperatures. Your body responds by speeding up to literally “warm you up,” revving your metabolism. WBC was specifically conceptualized for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, an inflammatory, autoimmune disease of the joints. While incredibly successful for that specific issue, it quickly became apparent that other joints and muscles throughout the body responded to the cryotherapy. Quite simply, people felt less pain and soreness in the injured or affected area."

When you get there, you sign your life away, strip down, and put on socks and gloves.  Once you're in the chamber, about 2 minutes is set to the timer and you cook..coldly.  It kind of sneaks up on you, a desire to jump out starts to stretch across your mind, and suddenly you're done.  And suddenly you feel BETTER.  A little brighter, a little more energy, more relaxed.  And you're like.. How can I fit this in to my life more regularly?

My external body temp dropped somewhere to the 40s.  Lots of people get lower than that.  I had a body pimple that just shriveled up.  I felt like a million bucks, in that chamber.  I have been seeing a PT over the months and this was icing on top.  I still consider myself an athlete even though my conditioning has changed since injuries, the chamber really made me feel like the all-star athletes who we hear about doing this from time-to-time.  (Even my bestie pro-athlete friend hit me up saying that she LOVES the Cryochamber.)

How cold did your body temp get? Make your appointment here and report back the the details!


XOX,


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment