Monday, September 28, 2015

Best Meal of 2015

Sometimes you just have an amazing meal and in your brain you strategize about how to have it more often, who else to eat it with, ways to celebrate things around said meal.. That happened last night at Chicago's Fig & Olive on Oak St.

My mom and I have established a date night every month and we kicked it off with F&O. (Next month is dinner + the Stevie Wonder concert and we are PUMPED!!!) Just a few days before, their Fall Menu went in to play.  They do four menus a year and each changes with the season, is Mediterranean based, and they rotate a few wines in and out of the menu as well.

I did preview the menu in advance and set my eyes on the Riviera Salmon or the Rosemary Lamb Chops.  I went with the salmon because of the broccolini and the cauliflower puree.  We also got a few crostinis to share.  The white wine was decent, my mom's dish was delicious, and then came the dessert.  We ordered the carmalized cheesecake.  I won't describe the whole dish, but it's not only tasty, but fun (with the right company). 

Jason was great to us and we went around 5PM on a Sunday so the crowd was minimal as was the traffic on Oak St.  According to people this is a very "sceney" restaurant.  If you're not in to that then I guess that would matter to you.  If you want good food, thorough service, and something fresh, go for it.  If it were mediocre I'd totally say go if you wanna say you've gone.  But it's so good, I just want you to go and wiggle around in your seat while you chew like I did.

Where should we go for dinner before the Stevie Wonder concert next month??

Holler,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment